Ospiti camera #2
Ospiti camera #3
Ospiti camera #4
tripadvisor

Alassio and Riviera of flowers.

Alassio has its famous "Muretto" , decorated with colorful ceramic tiles that have the autographs of famous and immortalized stars from film and theater. Alassio is a small town on the Ligurian sea coast with a well protected and lovely sandy beach.

In the heart of the old town runs the "Budello" , a typical Ligurian alley. In the Middle Ages was the main street. Now is a traffic-free pedestrian zone with numerous boutiques and retailers ( approximately 2 km long lane parallel to the coastline) . Restaurants and organize evening programs for every taste.

The Churches

St. Ambrose Church - Piazza Sant'Ambrogio

The church of St. Ambrose parish since 1507 , was in the second half of the 15th Over a century old a 10th Century chapel had been previosly built on the site. The church, in Romanesque style , was in the 18th century adapted to the Baroque style of the era . The bell tower from the 14th Century leads to a tent roof and three-arched windows with two-late Romanesque-Gothic modules . The facade was restored in Renaissance style in 1896 Beautiful and majestic is the central entrance of a dark slate with carved relief figures of Christ and the apostles and the Holy Saint. Ambrose, with date and name of the client, designed by the masters of Rezzo Valley (Imperia) in 1511. The middle vault of the church is decorated with frescos depicting scenes from the life of St. Francis. Ambrose show, painted by Virgilio Grana Albenga. Other paintings are by artists Bernardo Castello, Giovanni Andrea De Ferrari and Giulio Benso, prominent representatives of the Genoese school of the 17th Century . In the right aisle is the altar of St.. Anna and a painting of the painter Francesco Carrega from Porto Maurizio. The tabernacle is made ​​of black, finely-worked stone from the year 1470 , the church also contains the famous sacred relics . The square in front of the main entrance dates from 1638 and is a mosaic of maritime motifs of white and gray pebbles design.





St. Anne's Church - Via Brenner - District Barusso

This typical Ligurian Church , both in structure and in color, was in 1730 erected by the inhabitants of the village. The facade is simple, visually divided laterally by a cornice, and by four walls of the entrance aperture. In the upper range we observe two niches, one modeled on the right side window and a small bell tower. The interior is designed polygonal and contains fine paintings from the 18th Century, on the main altar is a crucifix made ​​of wood, attributed to Anton Maria Maragliano. Note the fresco on the rear exterior wall (sea side).



Charity Church - Via Vittorio Veneto

This ancient church is next to the former pilgrim hostel (now a hotel) it was built between 1307 and 1310, financed by local shipping companies in order during the Jubilee year proclaimed by Pope Boniface VIII in 1300 to facilitate the flow of pilgrims heading for Rome . On the facade there are three entrance gates made ​​of black schist, the left is dated 1506. The gates are provided with remarkable sculptures, which are all saints. A small bell tower hardly rises above the surrounding rooftops. The interior as three altars are on the same line, an anomaly in the face of the other churches with a rectangular orientation. The vault is decorated with wax paintings (encaustic) of two painters from Alassio (Marco and Traverso), depicting Mary's Assumption into heaven, and the Virgin Mary of Mount Caramel. The statue of the Virgin Mary ascending into heaven is by, Anton Maria Maragliano, and you can see two paintings by the famous Genoese painters Andrea Ansaldo and Giovanni Andrea De Ferrari and a crucifix from the 15th Century all marvelous .



St.-Mary-of-the-Angels Church - Salesian Institute - Via SG Bosco

The church began in the second half of the 15th century with the preaching of St.. Bernardine of Siena. By 1600 the church was of the Reformed Franciscans, the "Zoccolanti" (literally "wooden shoes Rattling") bought under the name in 1870, Giovanni Bosco ("Don Bosco") and founded the church one of the most important boarding schools for young people. Towards the end of the 19th Century theb church was rebuilt in the Romanesque and Gothic styles. From this era still frescoes and paintings by the painter Luigi De Servi are obtained from Lucca. Also interesting is the beamed ceiling in the nave. The other pictures are more recent paintings and glass questionable manufacture and, according to some critics in style. Inside, above the entrance door the painting is of Mary of the Angels of the Genoese painter of the 17th Century, Giovanni Andrea Ansaldo.



St. Anna Church Mountain - Via Julia Augusta

The church date from around 940 of the Benedictines of Gallinara island built and is probably one of the first religious buildings in the area . It was the first and until 1507 the only parish of Alassio . The St. Anna Church was used until the Napoleonic era. It was then in private hands and became used as a barn , after which it was finally abandoned and fell into ruin . In the years 1968-70, the church was completely restored and reopened for worship.
During the restoration work interesting frescoes were found. The best-preserved fresco is on the left side of the portico, just below the septum and represents the enthroned Christ Pantocrator from an almond surrounded represents the right of that a many saints and left in the nave one "redeeming angel", possibly a fragment of the representation of Judgement. At the top of the outer wall there is a fragment of St. Anna and two other faces. The frescoes date from the 15th Century, the nave is trapezoidal and is built from the input towards square apse close, before a rectangular portico; left of the apse is a rectangular recess, which is probably from the Roman era. The facility is privately owned and sadly completely neglected.





Holy Cross Church-district - Santa Croce

This chapel, along the old Roman road is mentioned in a papal bull in 1169 , was in the 11th century by The Benedictine monks of the

Gallinara island. Built in Romanesque style in stone on the rocks. After the Second World War it was in very poor condition. However, the outer walls were well preserved. The original apse and the side walls with pilasters carried by small double arches. In the apse there are close loopholes. At the entrance we see one in the 14th or 15 Century, framed by a brick arch keel. The characteristic portico dates from the 16th C. The restoration was begun in the 1950's and finished after a long break at the end of the 1960's. The roof was renovated, and the church could be opened again for worship.

From the underlying terrace enjoys a wonderful panoramic view.





San Francesco Church - Piazza San Francesco

Built in 1500 as a vow to the Virgin Mary, because pirates threatened the expanding city, and enhanced in early 1600 with the construction of the Capuchin monastery. Its current arrangement has existed since the 18th C. The exterior of the building retains, despite modern elements of the facade, its character as a Franciscan church. In the square outside the church, there is a of travertine pool with fountain and the bronze statue of San Francesco. Inside there is a grandiose baroque altar made ​​of carved walnut , dating from the (17th century). There is also the pulpit of black shale from 1503 , depicting the birth of Jesus and images of Franciscan saints. A niche in the right aisle contains a beautiful wood painting from 1573, represents the Virgin Mary and Macrino d'Alba is credited.



St. Sebastian Church - district - Moglio

The church was built about 1200 on an existing chapel (now the apse). In 1676 and 1820 there was the expanded construction of the facade. Due to the long construction period, the church has features of various architectural eras. The choir is that of the original chapel. The interior is arranged in the late Renaissance style with three naves with two side altars and main altar made ​​of marble and polychrome. Also striking is the painting of St.. Sebastian, patron saint of the parish, built in 1927 - 29 The facade is built in Baroque style. In a niche above the entrance is a statue of the patron saint. In the lobby a memorial stone at the consecration of the parish in 1674. The side of the church bell tower with its pyramidal roof pointed is of a late medieval style.

Annunciation Church - district - Solva

The church was built in 1382 and rebuilt in 1480, while the bell tower is a recent construction from 1840. Over the characteristic portico, we see an ancient bas-relief made of slate, the same stone which are on the facade. Inside, we find late medieval frescoes with representations of the seven deadly sins and hell, also are various paintings and statues from the 17th Century

Pilgrimage Church of Intercession "Madonna della Guardia" - Tirasso mountain

This religious monument must not be missed. It rises on the Tirasso mountain, right in the middle of the existing amphitheater of hills, from surrounding the city of Alassio. This ancient pilgrimage church was built in 1200 out of piety built for sailors and fishermen from Alassio coral. They bought the site on the ruins of an early Middle Ages castle from the town of Albenga. At the same point was the time of the Romans a castrum (Roman military camp), providing the soldiers for security at the transit road running alongside it.
The interior of the church is in the style of the 17th century. Divided by pilasters into three naves, the apse in the middle of the marble statue of the revered celestial guardian. In the chapel in the left aisle, one group with the wood protective Mary, which appeared in 1490 on Figogna mountain in Genoa was. The monumental marble altar dates from the 17th Century, the nave was built between 1859 and 1860 by the painter Virgilio Grana with frescos; dignified and solemn, the large main altar stands in the center of the presbytery, as the mechanical organ, composed of material from the 19th Century. The church keeps a number of votive offerings. It is surrounded by a spacious park and is an ideal destination .

Chapels - Marina Luca Ferrari

Not far from the city center is the chapel. Solemnly consecrated and opened in September 1929 . The votive chapel - to commemorate the fallen sailors on the sea - is perched on a rocky promontory at the entrance to the marina, where once stood an ancient defensive tower , some of which still remains preserved in the apse foundations.





St. Rocco's Chapel - the district of San Rocco

Built in 1253, the first chapel dedicated to Maria Trost, and three centuries later, in St. Rocco's Chapel , renamed because the poor house of the Order of St. Mary of Charity in Alassio had closed . The facade of the chapel is combined with an archway, under which runs the mule track to Moglio. Inside, you immediately notice the fine marble altar, the large painting of the Virgin seated with the child on to the side we see the Saints Sebastian and Roch - a masterpiece of Genoese school of the 17th C. On the side walls are shown more saints.

Our Lady of Grace - Castè district - "Madonna delle Grazie"

In 1226, this chapel was erected in honor of the Virgin Birth. The population later changed its name to Our Lady of Grace, a name that has been extended to refer to the entire district.
Inside is a very beautiful painting from an unknown Genoese painter of the 17th Century . It shows the birth of the Virgin Mary. We note on the organ gallery , the oldest surviving emblem of Alassio , painted in gouache. Then we can see Adelasia, the daughter of the German emperor Otto I the Great and legendary founder of Alassio. Very valuable is also the floor of marble and slate tiles. Other churches are: - St. Vincent's Church - Via Leonardo Da Vinci - Loreto Church - Loreto district - Mary Snow - Caso parish - St - St Bartholomew's Church - church Caso - St. John's Baptist Church - Via Neghelli - St Clara Convent - Via Adelasia
2011©All rights reserved | Legal Notes | Residence VillaFirenze • via Dante 35 • alassio • tel. +39 0182 66111 fax +39 0182 6611.66 • villafirenze@alassio.it • P.I. 00445270093
Realizzato con © IDEA.web da Archimede© Terms & Conditions